Q3 2021 Investor Conference Summary
Summertime in Asia-Pac, Europe, and North America is often a quiet period for corporate conferences and events. June 2021 featured a high volume of important conferences. July and August indeed show fewer events, however, activity picks back up in September. We expect many in-person conferences to be scheduled in the fourth quarter.
Conferences, forums, summits, and trade shows are among the most important events traders must mark on their calendars. Stock-specific news is often released at these gatherings of executives, analysts, and industry experts. When it comes to keeping track of the hundreds of investor-related conferences per quarter, staying in the know is a challenge for traders and portfolio managers. Wall Street Horizon reports on more than a dozen derivatives of investor-related conferences covering 9,000 companies worldwide.
Uncovering and understanding the patterns within corporate event data - such as repetitive and sporadic scheduling, time/day of week schedules and a confluence of events at the same company or comparisons to peer companies - can benefit your trading and risk strategies.
Investors often hear about the news after the event. Wall Street Horizon seeks to give clients a game plan going into the new quarter.
In Q3, the following key themes caught our eye: rising wages, higher interest rates, commodity prices at multi-year highs, ESG risks, and cybersecurity threats. Expect these challenges among others to be discussed in the coming quarter.
Questions to Ponder
- With corporate profits surging to new highs, what will executives do with the excess cash?
- Which sectors will be impacted most by higher labor costs?
- Are elevated raw materials prices transitory or a feature of the new economy?
- Are workers in the driver’s seat when it comes to demanding more from management?
- Cybersecurity threats are back in the news—how are firms responding?
- ESG mentions on conference calls have never been higher—are companies actually trying to do better?
- What is in the Health Care sector drug pipeline in the wake of COVID-19?
Ranked by size of the sector groupings
Information Technology & Communications Services
- The Goldman Sachs Disruptive Technology Symposium 2021 brings together some of the most exciting and innovative companies across all fields in the technology space and beyond.
July 31-August 5 – Black Hat USA 2021 Cybersecurity
- The industry's top solution providers and start-ups will showcase the latest technologies and security services in the Black Hat USA Business Hall. The virtual expansion enables more opportunities for attendees, solution providers and community engagement.
September 9 - Deutsche Bank Global dbAccess Technology Conference 2021
Consumer Discretionary & Consumer Staples
- The mid-year timing of this consumer conference has always been a prime opportunity to assess the state of the consumer heading into the critically important back-to-school and holiday shopping periods. Investors met with leading consumer companies to assess the prospects for consumer stocks in the second half of the year.
- The conference featured presentations, fireside chats & 1x1 meetings with around 100 public and private consumer companies. This virtual gathering of over 1,000 leading executives, institutional investors, private equity investors & VCs addressed near- and long-term investment opportunities and discussed the current trends driving consumer products, retail, restaurants, lodging, entertainment & omnicommerce in the U.S. and internationally.
September 8 - Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference
September 9 - Goldman Sachs 28th Annual Global Retail Conference 2021
September 14 - Scotiabank 25th Annual Back to School Conference
August 3 - Jefferies Global Industrials Conference 2021
- The conference will feature presentations, fireside chats & 1x1 meetings with around 200 public and private industrials companies. This virtual gathering of over 1,000 leading executives, institutional investors, private equity investors & VCs will address near- and long-term investment opportunities and discuss the current trends driving industrial sectors in the U.S. and internationally.
August 24 - Raymond James Diversified Industrials Conference
August 31 - Stifel Transportation Conference 2021
September 9 - Morgan Stanley Industrial CEOs Unplugged Conference
September 14 - Bank of America Global Defense Forum 2021
Financials & Real Estate
August 10-11 - NYSE Real Estate Investor Access Day 2021
September 1 - Goldman Sachs, 9th CEEMEA Financials Symposium
September 21 - Bank of America Global Real Estate Conference 2021
June 17 – Baird 2021 Healthcare ESG Symposium 2021
- This conference provided healthcare leaders, across a variety of verticals, the opportunity to showcase their ESG initiatives. Through fireside chat conversations, companies discussed how social, environmental and governance considerations are being implemented and affecting their corporate strategies. The event was hosted by Baird's Research Team and included c-level management from companies across several Healthcare sectors.
July 14 - William Blair Biotech Conference
August 9-10 - BTIG Virtual Biotechnology Conference 2021
September 9 - Goldman Sachs MedTech Conference 2021
June 30 - Bank of America SmartMine2.0: Tech & Innovation + Metals & Mining = Sustainable advantage Panel Safety in Mining 2021
September 8 - Precious Metals Summit Beaver Creek 2021
September 27 - Silver Symposium 2021
Energy & Utilities
June 28 - Stifel Waste 360 Investor Summit 2021
- Over the past seven years, savvy investors and leaders from top public and private waste companies have made the Investor Summit a must-attend event.
- EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® offers investment professionals the opportunity to listen to the world’s key senior management teams present their plans to drive development, fund operations, generate cash flow and return value to shareholders; and provides industry professionals a venue to learn about important energy topics affecting the global oil and gas industry.
September 16 - NYSE Energy & Utilities Investor Access Day 2021
August 31 - Commerzbank Sector Conference 2021
September 8 - Barclays EM Corporate ESG Conference 2021
- The conference will bring together the most important companies listed on the German DAX, MDAX, SDAX and TecDAX to present their corporate strategy, current trends and challenges. Running in parallel with the main presentations, companies will be hosting one-on-one and small group meetings.
September 21 - JP Morgan Emerging Debt Conference
- Over the last several years, this conference has typically attracted 550 investors representing $15 trillion AUM. Nasdaq expects similar strong registrations this year.
June 15 - CEO Investor Summit 2021
- The CEO Summit was hosted by executive management from participating companies and featured a virtual "round-robin" format consisting of small group meetings, each 40 minutes in duration. Each company was available for up to six meeting slots during the conference, while investors and analysts had the opportunity to meet with 11 of the participating management teams from 9:00 a.m. until 5:15 p.m. EDT on June 15th.
- J.P. Morgan presented the annual Robin Hood Investors Conference bringing together investment and business luminaries in finance, real estate, policy, technology retail, energy and other sectors to share insights into their shifting industries and the road ahead.
September 22 - Sidoti and Company, LLC Small Cap Virtual Fall Investor Conference 2021