Q2 2021 Investor Conference Summary
Conferences, forums, summits, and trade events are among the most important meetings traders must mark on their calendars. Stock-specific news is often released at these gatherings of executives, analysts, and industry experts. The events (which we group as “investor conferences”) take place throughout the year and around the world. It’s a global ballgame that never takes a timeout.
At Wall Street Horizon, we track significant investor conferences for our clients so they remain aware of catalysts for market-moving action. Longer-term investors and portfolio managers should also heed what is voiced at these corporate events. Ground-breaking headlines on key drugs in the Health Care sector are often announced, new tech-related products are showcased in the Consumer & Information Technology sectors, and broad market outlooks with equity picks are reported at investor-specific and multi-sector events.
Investors often hear about the news after the event. Wall Street Horizon seeks to give our clients a gameplan going into the new quarter.
There are hundreds of investor conferences to track. We deliver the full list to clients regularly, but we also highlight key themes that catch our eye. As the US cautiously re-opens during Q2 2021, investors look ahead to the new economy.
Questions to Ponder
- What themes from the ‘stay-at-home’ narrative will stick?
- How much pent-up consumer demand is there given massive stimulus payments and a desire to finally take a real vacation?
- Is ‘work-from-anywhere’ really the new normal?
- How do the CEOs of the big multi-national banks view rising interest rates and the risk for higher inflation?
- What changes are energy executives making with the growing interest in ESG?
Conference Preview by Sector (ranked by size of the sector)
Information Technology & Communications Services
April 26 – Gartner Digital Workplace Summit Americas
The agenda features 4 tracks: Build, adapt, and execute a digital workplace strategy; Leverage the right innovative technologies for your organization; Build a secure foundation for seamless operations; Create a frictionless employee experience
May 26 – JP Morgan 49th Annual Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference 2021
- JP Morgan will bring together established industry leaders and emerging high-growth companies with a broad base of top-tier investors. The conference will facilitate company/investor interaction through extensive one-on-one meetings, panel discussions and other events. JPM expects 4,000 attendees, 200 public companies and 20 private companies to attend, host fireside chats and conduct one-on-one meetings.
June 8 – Bank of America Securities Global Technology Conference 2021
Consumer Discretionary & Consumer Staples
May 18 – Goldman Sachs Global Staples Forum
June 2 – RBC Global Consumer and Retail Conference 2021
June 7 – Deutsche Bank dbAccess 18th Global Consumer Conference 2021 Paris
June 8 – Virtual J.P. Morgan Global Consumer, Retail & Luxury Conference
June 15 – Oppenheimer 21st Annual Consumer Growth and E-Commerce Conference 2021
- The mid-year timing of this consumer conference has always been a prime opportunity to assess the state of the consumer heading into the critically important back-to-school and holiday shopping periods. Investors will be able to meet with leading consumer companies to assess the prospects for consumer stocks in the second half of the year.
June 22 – Goldman Sachs Leisure & Transport Conference
May 5 – Wells Fargo Virtual Industrials Conference 2021
- Dozens of companies from many sectors are expected to present including: FedEx, Kansas City Southern, Nikola Corporation, and The Sherwin-Williams Company
May 17 – RBC Capital Markets Automotive, Industrials and Transportation Conference
June 10 – JP Morgan Capital Goods Conference 2021
Financials & Real Estate
May 19 – Wells Fargo Financial Services Investor Conference 2021
- Among the long list of presenting companies are: Blackrock, Inc., Capital One Financial Corp., CBOE Holdings, Inc., JP Morgan Chase & Co., Raymond James Financial, Inc., and The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
May 19 – UBS Annual Financial Institutions Conference 2021
With the 22nd Financial Institutions Conference UBS is providing an opportunity for Europe-based issuers to discuss current funding and capital topics with their peers and the investment community. In addition, the conference offers selected 1-on-1 meetings for investors and issuers to meet in an efficient manner.
June 8 - Goldman Sachs 25th Annual European Financials Conference 2021
April 6 – Wells Fargo Biotech Corporate Access Day 2021
- Dozens of Biotechnology firms are expected to present including CRISPR Therapeutics AG, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Moderna, Inc.
May 11 – Bank of America Securities Global Healthcare Conference 2021
May 19 – RBC Capital Markets Global Healthcare Conference 2021
May 24 – UBS Global Healthcare Conference 2021
- Three-day conference bringing together investors and 100+ companies across the healthcare services and life sciences sectors for presentations as well as thematic panels, and concurrent one-on-one and group meetings.
June 1 – Jefferies Global Healthcare Conference 2021
- This virtual gathering of over 400 public & private healthcare companies and 3,000 leading executives, institutional investors, private equity investors & VCs will address near- and long-term investment opportunities and discuss the current trends driving healthcare in the U.S. and internationally.
June 8 – Goldman Sachs 42nd Annual Global Healthcare Conference 2021
June 15 – Citi 10th Annual European Healthcare Conference
May 18 - Bank of America Global Metals, Mining and Steel Conference 2021
Energy & Utilities
April 6 - EnerCom Dallas The Energy Investment and ESG Conference 2021
EnerCom is launching its Environmental, Social and Governance Summit as a part of the EnerCom Dallas event. Growing public expectations around Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has increased the emphasis by investors on making investments in companies that are actively addressing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) concerns, more focused on sustainability, and pursuing good corporate citizenship.
May 13 - Credit Suisse Utilities, Power & Clean Tech Conference 2021
May 17 - Wood and Company ESG: Prague Spring Symposium 2021
The event aims to provide an informative environment which is conducive to productive discussions between corporates and investor ESG teams, as well as educational webinars with ESG experts and officials. The hour-long, one-on-one and group meetings should provide a forum by which companies can interact with ESG Specialists from worldwide-based investment firms in a meaningful way.
May 19 - Wells Fargo Meetings at American Gas Association (AGA) Forum 2021
Many of the big name utilities, natural gas, and pipeline firms are slated to present including: Consolidated Edison, Inc., DTE Energy Company, Duke Energy Corporation, and Southern Company
May 25 - UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference 2021
Formal group presentations and one-on-one meetings hosted by over 60 leading Oil and Gas companies from across the world.
June 2 - Wells Fargo Energy Conference 2021
- Among the significant presenters are: Baker Hughes Company, ConocoPhillips, Halliburton Company, and Royal Dutch Shell PLC
April 7 – Wells Fargo Future Mobility Conference 2021
Among the presenters are: Cree inc., Nikola Corporation, and Google
May 11 – Morgan Stanley Annual GEMs EEMEA Conference 2021
June 8 – Stifel Virtual Cross Sector Insight Conference 2021
June 8 – Baird 21st Annual Global Consumer, Technology & Services Conference 2021
- The conference brings institutional and private equity investors together with senior management from over 200 public and privately-held companies. The conference features companies across the following industries: Automotive, Beverages & Food Products, Communications & Telecom, Consumer/Retail, Healthcare Information Technology, Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure, Internet Software & Services, SaaS, Semiconductors, Software and Technology.
June 10 – JP Morgan CEO Conference
May 4 - Alliance Global Partners AGP Spring Consumer Cannabis Conference 2021
- An exclusive conference with leading global companies in the CBD & Cannabis industries. The day will consist of 1:1 meetings along with a featured keynote speaker.
May 11 – Credit Suisse Mexico Investment Ideas Conference 2021
May 12 – UBS Pan European Small and Mid-Cap Conference 2021
The UBS Annual Pan European Small and Mid-Cap conference will again present 75 companies across 3 days, making it one of the biggest annual gatherings between institutional investors and key companies.
May 26 – UBS Best of Europe Conference 2021
One-on-one and group meetings for US investors to gain direct access to European corporates.
June 1 – Bank of America Securities Emerging Markets Debt & Equity Conference 2021
June 2 – Stifel Swiss Equities Conference 2021
June 16 – Nasdaq 44th Virtual Investor Conference 2021
- Over the last several years, this conference has typically attracted 550 investors representing $15 trillion AUM. Nasdaq expects similar strong registrations this year.
Count of Major Conferences by Sector & Theme