ALAN L. LOSS, Strategy and Technology for Financial Institutions
The ROUNDTABLE – Noon, September 25th 2015
THE POWER OF CORPORATE EVENTS
• An introduction to corporate events... what are they & why do they matter?
• The value of forward-looking event dates and date breaks
• Events affect volatility & price
• What types of investors can benefit from focusing on these factors
• Summaries from recent academic studies using Wall Street Horizon forward looking event data and a portfolio approach to event investing
• An Introduction to Wall Street Horizon and its datasets
Bruce R. Fador- President/CCO/Co-Founder, Wall Street Horizon
David Pope CFA - Managing Director Quantamental Research, S&P CIQ
Andrew Broughton – Daley and Associates, LLC
One Financial Center, 4th Floor, Boston
Post Office Box 10 • Marblehead, MA 01945 • 781-631-8500 • firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Speakers:
Bruce R. Fador- President/CCO/Co-Founder Wall Street Horizon. Bruce has been in the financial services industry for over 25 years in various executive management roles ranging from CEO & president of Thomson First Call, CEO & president of Worldstreet Corp and CEO of Financial Research Corporation to name just a few of his past executive positions.
David Pope CFA - Managing Director Quantamental Research, S&P CIQ. Most recently Mr. Pope was an associate partner and vice president at Wellington Management Company LLC, where he constructed quantitative stock selection models and managed international equity portfolios. Prior to joining Wellington, he worked at Colonial Management Associates as a fixed income portfolio manager and researcher. He began his career at Fidelity Management and Research as a fixed income quantitative analyst. Mr. Pope received his MSF from Boston College, and BS in Finance from Bentley College. He is also a member of the Chicago Quantitative Alliance, the CFA Institute, and the Boston Security Analyst Society. Mr. Pope currently teaches graduate and undergraduate classes as an Adjunct Professor of Finance at Bentley University.